19 10 / 2014
27 5 / 2013
15 1 / 2013
- My first 5k was this past weekend. I finished 361 out of 1100 ish people. My time was 28:31, my personal record for a 5k. It was so much fun to start at the back of the group and work my way forward. I estimate I started about 900th and each time i passed someone i got a nice little motivational boost … “on to the next one.”
- warm weather .. it was 60 degrees last weekend (snowing and 33 now) which got me looking at camping and hiking websites. Cannot wait for consistant 50-60 degree weather. I’m thinking Bella and I could have fun and survive a Friday night-Sunday morning campout at one of the national parks around here.
- cayenne pepper .. i didn’t believe the hype but i thought i would try it. Sprinkling a little bit on a salad or with black beans, heck even a turkey sandwich, causes an incredible amount of spice as well as causes me to feel more full after eating less and it allegedly speeds up your metabolism.
- Nike+ Sports Watch … I got the white one, technically a present from my boss, myself and my sister. It looks sleek, tracks my runs perfectly. I feel a little bit safer running in the dark without headphones now (used iphone app). I can see my current pace easily to help me stay on track and more. Great work Nike.
- LOST … I’m only a few years behind on this show, but I’ve started watching from the beginning and I am hooked. The back-stories, character interactions, plot, suspense and mystery are amazingly woven together.
- Trader Joes is awesome. I’ve never really shopped there before because I always had the image that it was over-priced organic food i couldn’t afford. Turns out it’s not. In fact, the two times i’ve been to TJs this month I have spent considerably less on the same items than shopping at Kroger.
- This girl & her website: http://traveljunkette.com/about/ … what an inspiring and thought provoking way to live your life. I’m super jealous she goes location to location, country to country, working season jobs and basically living the life of a traveler. My apartment lease is up in September. Jokingly, I sent a text to a friend in Phoenix saying I’d be living on his couch for the fall. It would be fun, I think I could survive.
- My running. I can do a solid 4 miles at about a 9 minute pace now. It appears tomorrow morning will present a new challenge of snow. This weekend the mileage gets bumped up to 5 per KDF Half Marathon training program with BlueMile.
26 12 / 2012
Ran 4.0 miles on the treadmill at LA Fitness Naperville tonight. It was actually kind of painful and I think it’s because my stride (6’4” tall) might be too long for their treadmills. Caused me some ankle pain. Survived it though and burnt 711 calories according to the machine at my weight.
In exciting news, I got my new Under Armour “cold pants” today. They fit great and I’m looking forward to trying them out tomorrow in a nice outdoor jog at about 20-25 degree weather.
26 12 / 2012
Happy Boxing Day! no I’m not Canadian and I only really know one Canadian well, but this is my first blog post from my new kindle fire (thanks Mom!) and that’s the holiday today. My first order of biz for the upcoming new year and post-holiday season is to make a “13 in 2013” list. Thirteen things or goals that I want to accomplish in 2013, to make my life better.
2012 became a year of change for myself as I discovered a love for running, landed a new job that I love in a new city - Louisville - and capped off a lifestyle change that saw me lose 120 lbs (340 down to 220) by running and eating healthier.
For 2013 I hope to keep the fitness train rolling and expand on my new lifestyle by running races, embarking on camping/hiking adventures, trail running, reading more, blogging more, attending more sporting events, concerts and really just enjoying more of what life has to offer.
Time to work on this list …
16 12 / 2012
16 12 / 2012
05 12 / 2012